Farm and industrial accidents cause some of the most serious injuries, and quite often cause chronic pain and debilitating health conditions leaving the injured person unable to work.
By practicing the safety tips to prevent farm and industrial accidents, listed below, you may save yourself or others from debilitating or fatal injuries:
- Never assume that you have a thorough understanding of how to operate any equipment; ALWAYS read the equipment manuals for safety precautions BEFORE operating any equipment.
- Discuss safety precautions with all employees, and ensure that they know there is no tolerance in their failure to abide by the safety standards or reckless operation of any equipment.
- Ensure that each employee is trained and properly certified to operate all equipment.
- Use proper safety goggles, gloves, shoes (i.e., steel-toed boots), clothing, masks, etc. when operating all equipment. Provide all employees with
- Install rollover prevention equipment on tractors.
- Ensure that all large equipment such as tractors, forklifts, cranes, etc. have warning devices installed to alert others to these large machines backing up.
- Demand that all large equipment workers have spotters working with them to ensure the safety of all employees in the surrounding areas, and cordon off areas when necessary.
- Install safety signs throughout work areas to remind employees of proper safety standards.
- Properly inspect and provide maintenance to all equipment on a regular basis.
Representation for Farm and Industrial Accidents
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a farm or industrial accident, contact Oldham & Smith in Eustis, FL today for a free consultation to discuss your legal options for financial compensation.