Every year, Leesburg car accidents inflict severe head injuries on their victims. The long road to recovery can be difficult and overwhelming. The psychological toll can add to the difficult recuperation. If you or a loved one suffers from a head injury after a car accident, you can enlist the following tips to aid in your recovery:
- Start a journal to keep a list of the symptoms you exhibit on a daily basis. Some side-affects make it difficult to remember what you are feeling. A doctor can treat your injuries easier with a complete list of your symptoms.
- Seek medical attention quickly, even if you do not immediately suffer any issues. If your head was even just jarred in the car accident, studies have shown that the brain can be bruised as a result. A doctor can help determine if you have a concussion or other head injuries that may seem insignificant following a car accident. Some injuries do not surface until a day or two later. A medical evaluation can help uncover injuries.
- Do not sign any agreement with the insurance company until you have consulted with a personal injury lawyer in Leesburg. The Florida car accident attorneys at Oldham & Smith want to ensure you receive all the financial compensation you are owed. Treatment for head injuries can be long-lasting and extensive.
- Maintain a folder with all your medical records. The file will assist in the development of your accident claim and will ensure you are compensated fairly.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions. Refrain from activities until you are released by the doctor to participate in those activities. Secondary head injuries can be dangerous and result in life-threatening complications.
Leesburg, Florida Personal Injury and Accident Lawyer
If you have experienced a personal injury incurred by the negligence of another person, seek the legal assistance you need by contacting a personal injury lawyer. The law firm of Oldham & Smith services Leesburg, Florida and surrounding communities.