Bushnell, Florida and surrounding communities offer a family-friendly environment to the residents who call our state home. One important factor for all parents with young children to consider is to ensure proper research is completed when picking a safe daycare.
When you are in the process of picking a daycare center, you should visit each one you are considering. Some centers will be eliminated because they do meet your needs. Others may be eliminated because you simply do not have a good feeling about them. Other things to consider when picking a daycare center include:
- The daycare’s reputation – you should be able to get positive feedback from the patrons of the daycare center.
- The staff is qualified and attentive – properly trained staff will know how to interact with the children, and will understand the proper ways to handle negative situations without disrupting the entire classroom. For infants and younger children, it is imperative for the staff to have a philosophy you agree with concerning feeding, sleeping and discipline. CPR training should be required for all staff, and all state guidelines for child-staff ratios should be met.
- The facility should be very clean – all floors, bathrooms, kitchens and changing areas should be sanitized regularly. All areas should be well lit. Toys and equipment must be maintained in a clean and safe working manner. First-aid kits, childproof storage and fire extinguishers should be in place.
- Guidelines for sick children and immunization should be in place – all rules must be outlined and followed for all children who attend the daycare center.
- An activity and learning schedule should be posted – playtime for individuals and group settings, snacks, meal times, quiet time and outdoor playtime should be scheduled. All activities should be age appropriate. The daycare center should have an open-door policy that allows parents to come to the center unannounced.
Bushnell, Florida Child Injury Advocate
While every precaution can be taken, injuries do occur in daycare centers every day. If your child does attend a daycare and suffers a severe or catastrophic injury while in the care of the center, you should enlist the advocacy of the child injury lawyers at Oldham & Smith. We offer guidance through this critical claims process to all residents of Bushnell, Florida and surrounding areas. Contact us today for a free consultation.