When we travel, we want to be able to enjoy the scenery and take in new sites. However, if you drive a rental car, there are a few basic steps that need to be taken in staying safe, including:
- Know where you are going. Before you even leave the rental car parking lot you should study a map or your GPS system to understand the directions for your trip. Program the address of your destination into the GPS or navigation system while you are still parked.
- Keep a standard, hard-copy map with you. Navigation systems are known for leading people to the wrong destination, even to dead-end roads.
- Always lock your doors. Some criminals target rental cars and their drivers with the assumption that the driver is unfamiliar with his or her surroundings. Place important and expensive items in the trunk.
- Park in well-lit areas. Thieves are less likely to try to steal a car or anything inside the car if it is parked under a streetlight.
- Watch the gas gauge. If you do get lost, you do not want to compound your problem by running out of gas.
- Stay alert of your surroundings. Make a special mental note of where you are parked. Be attentive to anything that seems strange in your immediate area.
Eustis, FL Rental Car Injury Assistance
At Oldham & Smith Law Firm, we want to offer help to all members of our community, including visitors. Staying safe in your rental car can help prevent less than desirable circumstances from occurring. If you are injured in an accident, you need to enlist the advocacy of the injury attorneys available to Eustis, FL and surrounding communities. We want to assist you in your recovery and help you return to your best. Call today for a free consultation.